Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Tuesday, November 20, 2018: Day 5

It doesn't look like many people are reading my blog. So, thank you to the few of you who do. I have no idea how to get it out there, but knowing that my writings are out there feels good. 

This morning was rough, but thankfully not for the usual reasons. Yesterday's eleven hour work day caught up to me and I'm both physically and mentally drained. I have another shift like this on Black Friday, but then I think I might want to change my availability to my employer and only work single-digit hour shifts. 

Anyways, this morning I was back at the hospital to meet with a counsellor. In an unexpected convergence of events I now have access to some great mental health resources. Let me explain: I'm a patient of the neurology clinic for a life long neuromuscular condition. Well, as it turns out, there's an entire mental health team attached to this clinic... Something I was never informed about. Well, as I'm already a long standing patient, I don't have to wait months and months or pay thousands and thousands of dollars for treatment -- I get in now! So grateful! 

So, this morning I met with my new counsellor. I like him and he really seems to "get it" and care. Much better than the nine weeks of hell I just endured. Anyways, I'm going to cut this post off as I learn more about things to come. 

Thanks for reading. 

 Are you experiencing a mental health crisis? 
  • Go to the nearest hospital, or
  • Call 911, or
  • Call a crisis line (Canada)

No comments:

Post a Comment