Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Monday, November 19, 2018: Day 4

Technically a day late, but for good reason! As part of my recovery I've found myself a couple of jobs! Yay! Well, it being so close to Black Friday, one of my jobs, selling camera stuff, has ramped up my hours. I worked from 10:00am right through until 9:00pm. It was a long day, but I made it through.

The main reason I wanted a job was to keep my mind occupied; mission accomplished. I'm finding that having projects keeps my mind in the present. I'm also trying to remain mindful in the jobs. I stay mindful that who I work for is not my company so I don't have to worry about, well, most things. Simply show up, do a good job, and go home. Pretty straight forward, right? For me its not as easy as it sounds. But staying mindful, keeping in the moment and remembering a grateful mind is all part of my mission to recover. Admittedly, I feel like I've eaten some humble pie in getting these jobs, but I'm also proud of the fact that I went out, found the jobs, and are able to perform the job when I'm there. Mindfulness meditation is also a part of my routine at work. During at least one of my breaks, I find a quiet corner, put on my headphones and listen to the "Calm" app. I think its helping. I guess time will tell.

Another thing that comes to mind is the national shortage of Wellbutrin XL. Also called bupropion, it is believed to work by affecting the balance of noradrenaline and dopamine, chemicals that occur naturally in the brain and affect mood. This shortage is particularly concerning as one cannot go "cold turkey" from this drug as that can cause psychosis, and another trip to the Emergency Department. No thanks! The only thing I can do now is keep on top of this issue with my pharmacist and work with my doctor to come up with a plan should the shortage persist.

It struck me that this drug shortage made national news... How depressed are Canadians!? Apparently a lot! It's nice to know I'm not alone, but jeez!

I think that's all I have for now.

Thanks for reading.

Are you experiencing a mental health crisis? 
  • Go to the nearest hospital, or
  • Call 911, or
  • Call a crisis line (Canada)

No comments:

Post a Comment