Wednesday, January 02, 2019

I guess I suck at blogging...

Yeah, yeah, yeah... I know I had all these big plans to blog and write about my journey. So, what happened? Well, I got a job. Not the world's most awesome job, but a job nonetheless. As we enter into 2019 I am full of hope. Don't get me wrong, the "demons" still show up, but I'm learning that they're visit is short term and I'm able to continue on with my day. Yet, as I write that description, I feel like I'm minimizing what actually happens when the demons do show up... It floors me. It both physically and mentally. It starts with uncontrollable crying, but with a bit of time I'm able to get my whits about me and calm down. I have to say that a major help has been my loving wife. Without her, I truly believe that the demons would eventually win... Not a pleasant thought at all!

So, here we are in 2019. I royally fucked up 2018 and need to get my shit together for this year. I hope I'm off to a good start with rebuilding my health, rebuilding my marriage, working a regular job and generally trying to take care of myself. I'm also starting the year off keeping this quote in mind:

Paraphrasing Tamara Levitt at Calm: Resolve not what to do in 2019, rather, who you'd like to be and the person you'd like to become. Expand your vision of what's possible and trust that you have the strength and courage to become that very person. May you have patience and the ability to celebrate even the smallest of successes. Crystal and I wish you all the best in your continued journey.

Okay, I am really going to try to write more. Why? For some reason I have this vision of writing a book. I don't yet know what about, but this blog is here to help me.

No comments:

Post a Comment